Over the years, I have had the privilege of working with clients from a variety of professional backgrounds, including entertainment. One particularly memorable experience involved a client who works as an actor, producer, and musician and is married to a well-known television actress.
He was originally scheduled for a massage with another therapist, which caught me by surprise. After the appointment, I noticed that the schedule had been changed to his wife's name. A woman's name sharing his last name appeared nearby, while his original appointment was no longer listed.
As I was leaving work, I happened to see his wife and asked where her husband was. She explained that she had originally booked him for a massage, but when he discovered that I was not the therapist assigned to the appointment, he decided to give the booking to her instead.
Then she turned to an elderly woman standing nearby and introduced me as her son's massage therapist. Turning back to me, she asked for my name.
"Kyong-Mi," I replied.
She repeated it correctly on the first try, then turned back to the older woman and enthusiastically introduced me as her son's favorite massage therapist, emphasizing my name a little louder. I suspect the older woman may have had some difficulty hearing.
I thought the interaction was incredibly sweet. The older woman appeared to be around my mother's age, yet she was impeccably dressed, with beautifully styled blonde hair. I made sure to tell her how cute she was.
Moments like these remind me that the relationships we build with our clients can become meaningful over time. Being requested by name is a wonderful compliment, but learning that a client considers you their favorite therapist is especially rewarding. For me, it is a reminder that the care and attention I provide can leave a lasting impression long after a treatment ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment